[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
One might answer a few ways and be accurate:
- Christians build the church, as they confess Jesus as the Messiah to each other and the world.
- Singles build the church, as they devote their lives to undivided passion for the glory of Christ.
- Children build the church, as they receive the gospel from their parents and believe it.
- Fathers build the church, as they lead their families to know and obey God’s Word.
- Mothers build the church, as they evidence the image of God in their character.
- Husbands and wives build the church, as they represent the Savior and His Bride.
- Elderly saints build the church, as they testify to the faithfulness of God throughout all generations.
- Sufferers build the church, as they demonstrate trust in the incomprehensible peace of the gospel.
- Prayer warriors build the church, as they intercede for their brothers and sisters and the unsaved in their community.
- Pastors build the church as they faithfully teach the full counsel of God’s Word, centered in the person and work of Christ.
But, to answer the most fully, the most truly:
Jesus Christ builds His church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. For unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.