In 1 Samuel 14:6 Jonathan says that “nothing can hinder the Lord from saving by many or by few”. This statement is proven true in the passage, when two men trusting in God see an entire enemy army put to flight. Here is my question for my own heart? Do I believe, fully believe, the word “nothing” in that verse, when it comes to evangelism. Nothing can stop God can saving. Do I believe that “nothing” means….nothing? That means I have to eliminate the following doubts:
- My lack of evangelistic experience can’t stop God from saving
- My fear of awkward conversations can’t stop God from saving
- The cultural skepticism about the supernatural can’t stop God from saving
- The distractions of entertainment or life trials can’t stop God from saving
- Asking the wrong questions, looking dumb, being inadequate can’t stop God from saving
- Never evangelizing won’t stop God from saving, it will just mean I won’t have the privilege of participating in his unstoppable gospel at work.
Lord God of the unstoppable gospel, make me believe that nothing…nothing…nothing can stop you from saving and help me engage in conversation with that neighbor, friend, relative, fellow Starbucks customer, so that I can see your salvation do its work.